Wednesday, February 29, 2012
20 Practical Ways to Reshape the Image of Black and African Females in Society.
~ Edmund Burke
I came up with 20 practical ways to change the image of Black females in society.
I would like you all to read this and SHARE it with your friends. I would love for this post to go viral (Copy and paste it on Facebook (attribute it to me, of course), Tweet it and Google Plus ....just share it.
20 Practical Ways To Reshape the Image of Black Females.
1. Stop posting degrading pictures of Black Women on social networking sites.
2. Start showing beautiful images of successful and talented Black females online.
3. Make a poster or collage of beautiful Black females of different shades and tones: From the whitest skin to the darkest black. Show them to your friends. Post them online.
4. If you have daughters, buy dolls of all races. Show them kid/teen movies that have diversity in their cast.
5. Teach your children to respect all people no matter what color their skin and teach them to not believe and perpetuate stereotypes of black women.
6. Ask the media to show more Black females in leading roles on television and in the movies.
7. Ask the children and teen networks to have more Black females and Black males as the leading actors in some of their new shows.
8. Demand that Hollywood shows diversity in the casting of Black females. Ask them to not continue in only casting the “mammy” or the loud, mean, nasty, overweight, round face black women. Ask them to show a more realistic view of the different types of Black women in America.
9. Teach your sons that all women are beautiful regardless of color of their skin. Show them beautiful pictures of women around the world. If you teach your sons that it's ok to think that black women are beautiful and sexy, they will learn to think of Black women as you do. You influence how they think about different groups of people.
10. Have a diversity dinner at your home that celebrates different cultures.
11. Don't have just one token black guy friend. Make an effort to reach out to Black females.
12. Social Networks – Friend or Circle Black Females. Make an effort.
13. Educate yourself to the problems that Black Females face in society. If you know more of the problems, you can help to come up with simple solutions to fix the issues.
14. Create a YouTube video and talk about the problems and talk about solutions. Educate yourself first before you create the video. Have a friend review the video to make sure you are getting the right message across.
15. Celebrate Black History month. Showcase the achievements and contributions of Black Americans in the USA. It's a great time to talk about race and issues that are still plaguing many people. Take the month of February and use it to help start a revolution. Maybe one day there will be no need to have just one month to celebrate Black Americans. Maybe you will have made such an impact that all ethnicities contributions to society will all be equally celebrated in history. (Make a resolution to take 3 or 6 months and celebrate all the different ethnicities in the world)
16. Post a movie clip that shows Black females (positive and negative types). Create a discussion post and talk about the Stereotype vs. Reality of Black females. Teach your friends.
17. Showcase books and poetry by Black authors. There are many Black female authors. Show them to the world.
18. Show the artwork of Black female artists. Art, music, plays, etc, – show them to your friends
19. Understand the power of share on social networks and use it to start a revolution of equality and diversity. There is a great amount of power when you share positive images. Ask your friends to share. Share positive images of people when you are asked to do so. Sharing is a small effort that can have enormous impact on society. Use that “Share” button and use it often.
20. Do a hangout on Google Plus (Video Chat) with Black Women. Include them in your discussions and posts. Ask for the feedback of Black females. Including people is a simple solution.
These are just a few practical ways. I believe that many of you can come up with more. You could easily take one idea that I have on here and break it down to a more detail plan. There are usually always ways to make things better. All you have to do is just think about the problem and usually solutions will come to you.
Share this... Thank you.